|This alliance has disbanded.|
|EC Motto: Solidarity Through Strength|
|Founder(s)||Mastab, Namfuak, Travesty, Haddam Sussein, Chancellor Chan-Chan, Sandy Sultan|
|Founded||December 14th, 2006|
Mutual Defence Pacts: SWFNon-Agression Pacts: TNEEA
as of 4/6/07
The Jupiter Codes Edit
These documents, ratified, honored, and practiced by the Euphorian People are the supreme law of Euphorius on which all else is built and may not be undermined under any circumstances, lest the alliance cease to exist.
The Charter of the Ides Edit
We, the undersigned, wish it to be known that the purposes of the codes, policies, and laws within this document, the Charter of the Euphorian Commonwealth, are to pursue the freedom, progressive continuance, and well-being of the sovereign member states of the Euphorian Commonwealth who have united under our flag to reinforce the qualities this document strengthens in them in the global community as a whole.
Article I: MembershipEdit
1. When submitting an application, the following information is necessary:
i. Nation name, the name you chose for your nation. ii. Nation ruler, the user name you chose for yourself. iii. Which soviet you wish to become a member of. iii. Important information including past wars and past alliances you have been members of. iv. Starting resources, the two resources you begin with; not the ones you gain through trades. v. Team color, the color you picked when you created your nation or last modified it. vi. Recruiter, the person who invited you to join the Commonwealth. vii. Your ideology; this is your real life political ideology which your practice or support. Ex; socialist, republican, monarchist, etc.
2. Your application may be denied if a Motion of Membership is filed against you and it is passed. During the time that the Motion is being voted on your application will be put on hold.
3. Your application may be denied if any of the information listed therein is false or incomplete.
4. Your application may be denied if your display username on the forums of the Commonwealth is not the same as it is in Cybernations, even if it is explained to be such.
Article II: Members’ RightsEdit
1. Above all else, the maintaining of and strengthening of these civil liberties is to be the greatest priority of the Euphorian Commonwealth and never are they to fall bellow any other attribute or intention.
2. The Communal Assembly maintains the right to receive military aid from the Euphorian Red Army if they have been unjustly attacked.
3. The Communal Assembly maintains the right to receive financial aid if the sum is reasonable and the purpose of the aid just.
4. The Communal Assembly maintains the right to enter themselves in an election for a staff position.
5. The Communal Assembly maintains the right to vote in all public matters, including all motions and all elections.
6. The Communal Assembly maintains the right to propose motions, and have those motions voted on.
7. The Communal Assembly maintains the right to, if a Motion of Membership accusing them of violating one of the acts that warrants expulsion passes, have a fair trial held.
Article III: Members’ RestrictionsEdit
1. The Communal Assembly may not falsely claim that they speak for the Euphorian Commonwealth, especially if their message is slanderous or insulting.
2. The Communal Assembly may not reveal private information of the Commonwealth as defined in Article XXVII.
3. The Communal Assembly may not in any way disturb the Commonwealth’s democratic process.
4. The Communal Assembly may not provide aid to any nation with the intention of it being used in any war not legal and approved of by the Commonwealth.
5. The Communal Assembly may not worsen the content on the Commonwealth’s forum through posting in the wrong board, spamming in the wrong board, flaming in the wrong board, or abusing administrator powers.
Article IV: PollsEdit
1. All polls shall remain open for a time of forty-eight hours (two days) from the time of creation unless there is adequate reason, as defined by this document, to close them early.
2. All polls shall use a simple majority; the option that receives the most votes is the option that passes.
3. All polls shall be open to be voted in by the entire Communal Assembly.
4. If it has become mathematically impossible for a poll to be voted in or voted out based on the current membership of the Euphorian Commonwealth, the poll may be closed and action taken prematurely.
5. Only the Premier and the President shall open polls.
6. On all polls there shall be the following options in the following order from top to bottom: ‘Aye’, ‘Abstain’, and ‘Nay.’
Article V: Proposal of MotionsEdit
1. All members maintain the right to propose motions, although the actual poll itself may only be made by the Premier.
2. For a motion to be made into a poll, it must first be made in the correct format as described bellow.
3. The same motion may not be proposed twice.
Article VI: Motions of AmendmentEdit
1. This form of Motion is one meant to either modify this document, The Jupiter Codes, or the Red Doctrine.
2. The suggestion for a Motion of Amendment shall be thus:
THREAD NAME: Motion of Amendment (TITLE)
(ORIGINAL TEXT) (SUMMARY ONE) (MODIFICATIONS) (SUMMARY TWO) (NEW TEXT) (EXPLANATION) (TRIVIAL MODIFCATIONS)
3. The title shall say firstly the document it modifies, secondly that it is an amendment, and thirdly the number for the document it modifies in an ascending manner. For example, a title may be: The Jupiter Codes Amendment #5.
4. The original text shall be the section(s) of the document that the amendment will be changing.
5. Summary one shall describe what the text does and what the issue with it is.
6. Modifications shall be a hybrid of the original text and new text; it will have all of the old text and new text together, with the added content in green, the removed content in red, and the unchanged content in the default color.
7. Summary two shall describe what the changes are and what effect they have.
8. The new text shall be the replacement of the old text and the unchanged text together; how the section will appear in the document.
9. The explanation shall explain thoroughly how the new changed section improves the document and the Commonwealth.
10. Trivial modifications are what they say they are – trivial modifications. If an article that had a reference to it was removed in the amendment, then here the reference would be removed.
Article VII: Motions of ImpeachmentEdit
1. Motions of Impeachment are motions that will remove leaders from their position. If one feels that a leader is doing a poor job, then this sort of motion should be made.
2. The format to be used for Motions of Impeachment shall be thus:
THREAD NAME: Motion of Impeachment (TITLE) (LEADER) (RESTRICTIONS VIOLATED [if any]) (REASONING) (PUNISHMENT) (TRIVIAL MODIFCATIONS)
3. The title shall be the name of the leader being impeached.
4. The leader shall be the name of the leader being impeached.
5. The restrictions violated by the leader, as described in Article III of this document, shall be listed here.
6. The reasoning shall be the purpose of the impeachment.
7. The punishment will be what they will have to do if found guilty. Ex; permanent expulsion from the Commonwealth, Zero Infrastructure-ing by the Commonwealth, simple removal from position, etc.
8. If this motion passes, an actual impeachment trial will open. If the leader is again found guilty, the punishment will be enacted.
9. Trivial modifications are what they say they are – trivial modifications. If an article that had a reference to it was removed in the amendment, then here the reference would be removed.
Article VIII: Motions of MembershipEdit
1. These motions are those concerning admittance to the Commonwealth, expulsion from the Commonwealth, etc.
2. The formation for Motions of Membership shall be thus:
THREAD NAME: Motion of Membership (TITLE) (REASONING) (PUNISHMENT) (TRIVIAL MODIFCATIONS)
3. The title shall be: (SUB-MOTION OF MEMBERSHIP TYPE) concerning (Member/potential member it involves/effects.) Ex; Motion of Acceptance concerning Mr. A. Hattler.
4. The three Sub-Motion of Membership Types are the following: Motion of Acceptance, Motion of Expulsion, and Motion of Suspension. 4a. A Motion of Acceptance is for denying an applicant’s application to the Commonwealth. 4b. A Motion of Expulsion is for removing already existing members from the Communal Assembly. Motions of Expulsion are further divided into Motions of General Expulsion (not concerning wars or the Euphorian Red Army) and into Motions of Martial Expulsion (concerning wars or the Euphorian Red Army). 4c. A Motion of Suspension is for temporarily removing a member from the Commonwealth.
5. The reasoning is why you think this person deserves punishment.
6. The punishment describes the exact punishment they will face. Ex; permanent expulsion, expulsion for three days, etc.
7. Trivial modifications are what they say they are – trivial modifications. If an article that had a reference to it was removed in the amendment, then here the reference would be removed.
Article IX: Motions of DiplomacyEdit
1. Motions of Diplomacy are motions concerning other alliances and the Commonwealth’s relations with them. It is too broad of a subject to have sub-motions.
2. The format for a Motion of Diplomacy shall be thus:
THREAD NAME: Motion of Diplomacy (TITLE) (EFFECT) (REASONING) (TRIVIAL MODIFCATIONS)
3. The title shall be: Motion of Diplomacy Concerning (Foreign Alliance)
4. The effect shall be what the motion does. Ex; change official opinion of the alliance, open an embassy with the alliance, cut off diplomatic ties with alliance, etc.
5. The reasoning is why you think this action should be taken.
6. Trivial modifications are what they say they are – trivial modifications. If an article that had a reference to it was removed in the amendment, then here the reference would be removed.
Article X: Miscellaneous MotionsEdit
1. As there are countless possibilities for motion types, there is a motion type with countless possibilities. The miscellaneous motion if for motions that don’t fit into the other categories, but still deserve attention.
2. Since there are too many possibilities, the only formatting requirements are that the thread title be “Miscellaneous Motion,” that the effect be explained, and that the reasoning be explained.
Article XI: Governmental StructureEdit
1. While all members of the Euphorian Commonwealth are considered equals and should be treated so, for the sake of organization, there must be leaders and ranks. The leaders do not, however, have any more say than the average member in affairs that their jobs do not explicitly supervise.
2. Nominations for all elected positions begin on the last day of every month.
3. Elections for all elected positions begin on the first day of every month and end on the third.
3. All members of the Commonwealth are members of the Communal Assembly.
4. The absolute head of the government is the Premier.
5. Beneath the Premier are the President and the Speaker of the Supreme Soviet.
6. Bellow the President and Speaker of the Supreme Soviet are the Prime Soviets: the Prime Soviet of Peace, Prime Soviet of Economics, Prime Soviet of Diplomacy, and Prime Soviet of Accord.
Article XII: Communal AssemblyEdit
1. Every member of the Euphorian Commonwealth is a member of the Communal Assembly. The Communal Assembly is the ultimate governing force of the Commonwealth.
2. Elected officials remain members of the Communal Assembly when they are elected.
Article XIII: PremierEdit
1. The Premier is the absolute head of the Euphorian government.
2. The Premier shall call to session the Supreme Soviet.
3. The Premier shall appoint members who have not yet joined a Soviet to join a Soviet of the Premier’s choosing.
4. The Premier shall instruct the President and Speaker of the Supreme Soviet.
5. The Premier shall instruct the Prime Soviets.
Article XIV: PresidentEdit
1. The President is the co-second in command of the Euphorian Commonwealth.
2. The President shall head the Black Guard.
3. The President shall instruct the Prime Soviets.
Article XV: Speaker of the Supreme SovietEdit
1. The Speaker of the Supreme Soviet is the co-second in command of the Euphorian Commonwealth.
2. The Speaker of the Supreme Soviet shall moderate the Supreme Soviet.
3. The Speaker of the Supreme Soviet shall announce the Supreme Soviet’s manuscript to the Communal Assembly.
4. The Speaker of the Supreme Soviet shall hold press conferences regarding the Supreme Soviet and other matters.
3. The Speaker of the Supreme Soviet shall instruct the Prime Soviets.
Article XVI: Soviet of PeaceEdit
1. The Soviet of Peace is in charge of all militaristic affairs, although it is not a part of the Euphorian Red Army.
2. Members of the Soviet of Peace maintain the Euphorian Red Army by organizing cadres and distributing soldiers.
3. Members of the Soviet of Peace follow directions from the Prime Soviet of Peace.
Article XVII: Prime Soviet of PeaceEdit
1. The Prime Soviet of Peace is the head of the Soviet of Peace.
2. It is the duty of the Prime Soviet of Peace to ensure the Euphorian Commonwealth’s maintained status of peace.
3. It is the duty of the Prime Soviet of Peace to appoint a Comrade General.
4. It is the duty of the Prime Soviet of Peace to maintain peace and prosperity throughout the world.
Article XVIII: Soviet of EconomicsEdit
1. The Soviet of Economics is in charge of all aid programs, reimbursement, and banks.
2. Members of the Soviet of Economics donate charity, and find others to do so.
3. Members of the Soviet of Economics follow directions from the Prime Soviet of Economics.
Article XIX: Prime Soviet of EconomicsEdit
1. The Prime Soviet of Economics is the head of the Soviet of Economics.
2. The Prime Soviet of Economics shall ensure the strengthening of the Communal Assembly.
3. The Prime Soviet of Economics shall create aid programs for the Communal Assembly.
Article XX: Soviet of DiplomacyEdit
1. The Soviet of Diplomacy shall communicate with foreign alliances, and strengthen the Commonwealth’s relationships with them.
2. The Soviet of Diplomacy shall convey messages and treaties between alliances.
3. The Soviet of Diplomacy shall strengthen the public relations of the Euphorian Commonwealth.
Article XXI: Prime Soviet of DiplomacyEdit
1. The Prime Soviet of Diplomacy is the head of the Soviet of Diplomacy.
2. The Prime Soviet of Diplomacy shall aid in and have a voice in the writing of all treaties.
Article XXII: Soviet of AccordEdit
1. The Soviet of Accord shall govern over all civil affairs.
2. The Soviet of Accord shall ensure the growth of the Commonwealth through methods such as recruitment.
3. The Soviet of Accord shall train and aid new members of the Communal Assembly in understanding Cybernations and the politics within.
4. The Soviet of Accord shall train and add new members of the Communal Assembly in understanding the forum of the Euphorian Commonwealth.
5. The Soviet of Accord shall train and add new members of the Communal Assembly in the application process.
Article XXIII: Prime Soviet of AccordEdit
1. The Prime Soviet of Accord is the head of the Soviet of Accord.
2. The Prime Soviet of Accord shall encourage recruitment.
3. The Prime Soviet of Accord shall mask new members of the Communal Assembly.
Article XXIV: The Supreme SovietEdit
1. The Supreme Soviet is a weekly meeting between the heads of the Euphorian government where each head is instructed and advised on how to better the Commonwealth.
2. The Supreme Soviet shall begin on every Friday of every week, and end on every Sunday of every week.
3. The Supreme Soviet shall be attended by the Premier, President, Speaker of the Supreme Soviet, Prime Soviet of Accord, Prime Soviet of Peace, Prime Soviet of Diplomacy, and Prime Soviet of Economics.
4. While the Supreme Soviet is in session, it will be private.
5. Once the Supreme Soviet is closed, its manuscript shall be announced to the Communal Assembly by the Speaker of the Supreme Soviet who will then answer questions on it.
6. The Supreme Soviet may be closed prematurely if a vote is called within to pass it and four of the attendees vote in favor.
7. The dialogue within the Supreme Soviet will be formatted with first the proposals (if there are any) numerically listed, and then the responses (if there are any) to other proposals numerically listed.
For example, a post may look like this:
- 3. New Membership Program: Reward of 500,000 at the end of the month to member who recruits the most people.
- 4. Nuclear Help: Give members capable of nukes aid to buy some.
- 1. Change flag motion: No, it’s stupid.
Article XXV: General ExpulsionEdit
1. A General Expulsion is a forced departure of the alliance which is not related to war or military.
2. The rules and policies that, if broken are the following:
Repeated or gross violation any of the terms described in Article III Working against the good of the EC Working against the good of the EC’s allies Revealing the secrets of the EC Working against the common good or democracy
Mastab of Kaeva Namfuak of MacNogia Haddam Sussain of Afghaniraqistan Travesty of Haerikalia Chancellor Chan-Chan of Bantulandia Sandy Sultan of Sandy Landy
1. Euphorius is our dream of a Utopia of equality, peace, and prosperity for which the creation of this alliance is aimed to create, even if not immediately. 2. Commonwealth is a shortened version of the Euphorian Commonwealth. 3. The Communal Assembly is the entire membership of the Euphorian Commonwealth. The term ‘The Communal Assembly’ is synonymous with the entire membership of the Euphorian Commonwealth, the government of the Euphorian Commonwealth, and individual members of the Euphorian Commonwealth. For further clarification and definition, see Article XI and Article XII. 4. Aid is meant as providing money, soldiers, or technology to other nations. 5. A board is a section on a forum for a specific purpose. 6. A thread is a topic on a forum; a page you create where the actual discussion occurs 7. A post is a comment in a thread.
The Red Doctrine Edit
While the Euphorian Commonwealth gladly welcomes peace, and is devoted to only the peaceful spread of leftist ideologies, times do arise when the use of military force is vital for the defense of the Commonwealth and the betterment of the global community.
Just as one may only hold one political position at a time, one may only hold one military position at a time. All new applicants to the Euphorian Commonwealth are required to conscript themselves in the Euphorian Red Army.
The absolute head of the Euphorian Red Army is the Comrade General. The Comrade General is also preferably the Prime Soviet of Peace, although it is not required. It is the duty of the Comrade General to carry down information on who to attack from the Prime Soviet of Peace and to carry up information on who in the Euphorian Commonwealth is attacked to the Prime Soviet of Peace.
Every member of the Euphorian Red Army, except for the Comrade General is divided into a Cadre. Cadres are groups of five soldiers. Each cadre is headed by a commandant, who should be a very experienced leader. The four other members are soldiers. Commandants receive orders from the Comrade General and direct them to the four soldiers, who will then attack the target. If the commandant wishes it, he may also attack the target.
The Red Guard is the lowest in the hierarchy of the Euphorian Red Army and the largest branch. It consists of every soldier.
Members of the Red Guard must attack whomever their officer in the Gold Guard commands. They are welcome to the spoils of war, and need not pay reparations to any nation damaged in a sanctioned conflict.
The Red Guard may not gives orders or act without explicit orders from their commanding officer.
The Gold Guard consists of the commandants and the comrade general. The Gold Guard may not issue orders without being commanded to do so from the comrade general or, in the comrade general’s case, the Prime Soviet of Peace.
The Gold Guard are not required to attack the targets they direct the Red Guard to, but it will not be considered a rogue attack if they do so.
The Black Guard is the secretive branch of the Euphorian Red Army. The Black Guard is commanded by the President who is expected to command them justly and reasonably. Members of the Black Guards’ actions are exempt to all rules and standards within the Commonwealth if they act under orders from the President.
The Black Guard shall send private invitations to members it wishes to recruit. The member list of the Black Guard is entirely confidential.
Depending on the Euphorian Commonwealth’s state of peace, the global state of peace, and possible threats the alert status of the Euphorian Commonwealth may change and it is asked that all members change their DefCon level with it. The statuses and reasons for being changed are as follows:
Peacetime – DefCon 5 – The Commonwealth is in no wars, its MDP partners are in no wars, there are no world wars on, and there is no threat to the Commonwealth.
Low Threat - DefCon 4 – A world war may soon begin or an enemy has given a minor threat against the Commonwealth or its MDP partners.
Elevated Threat - DefCon 3 – A world war has begun, or an enemy has given a major threat against the Commonwealth or its MDP partners.
Immediate Threat - DefCon 2 – Several powerful enemies have threatened the Commonwealth or its MDP partners, a MDP partner is at war, but has not called on its allies for aid
Wartime - DefCon 1 – The Commonwealth is in an open state of war.
If you are under attack, make a topic in the Soviet of Peace in the following format:
(Topic): (Attacker nation) attacking (attacked nation)
(Post): (Attacker nation), (attacker strength), of (attacker alliance [if any]) attacking (defending nation), (defender strength) for (war reason). (Summary of how war is going.)
All nations that are wrongfully attacked have the right to defend themselves by attacking the aggressor with the only requirement being that they inform the Euphorian Commonwealth via a thread in the format described above., unless the aggressor is in an alliance in which case a member of the Soviet of Diplomacy will pursue the war.
If you want to attack a nation without orders to do so from your commandant, you must submit a request to the Comrade General. You are only allowed to attack a nation that you feel if allowed to grow would be a threat to the global wellbeing. In the request, explain why it is a threat and not worthy of existence. You also have to explain why you would be able to win the war (training, greater strength, etc.). You may only attack one nation without orders at a time and may not ever attack a member of an alliance without orders from a commandant.
The following groups are those most commonly deemed not worthy of existence; rogues, spies, racists, Nazis, extreme nationalists, genocidal nations, etc.
Nuclear weapons may only be used if the Commonwealth is in wartime and the Comrade General has approved their use.
The following are offenses related to war or the Euphorian Red Army which are grounds for expulsion:
A) Revealing information about the Black Guard B) Leading an unprovoked attack without permission C) Illegally ordering an attack D) Illegally using nuclear weapons E) Provoking a nation to attack
History of the Euphorian Commonwealth Edit
Euphorius, the forum the Euphorian Commonwealth is based in, existed for several months before the Euphorian Commonwealth as a CyberNations unrelated forum. Mastab, founder of the Euphorian Commonwealth, introduced CyberNations to Euphorius in November 2006. It soon became very popular among Euphorians(users of Euphorius) and, on December 14 of 2006, the plans for the Euphorian Commonwealth were first drawn.
The Euphorian Commonwealth went public shortly thereafter. It had virtually no growth in members until mid-Janruary 2007 when the six founding members began to put more effort and time into recruiting and advertising. Soon applicants began pouring in and, by Janruary 20th, the Euphorian Commonwealth had 40 members (est.)
In the beginning of Summer, 2007, the Euphorian Commonwealth started having trouble recruiting, and in July, merged with LSF.
Speaker of the Supreme Soviet: Namfuak
Prime Soviet of Peace: Djdeeds
Prime Soviet of Diplomacy: Bwatterud
Prime Soviet of Accord: Katsumi
Prime Soviet of Economics: Vlad Tepes
|Significant Leftist Alliances|
|Under 10 Members|
SoL | SPA(1) | SPA(2) | SRI | SWF(1) | SWF(2) | TRF | UCLN | UDCS | USA | USSR | DPA
Formerly sanctioned alliances are denoted by Bold Font.