“Meisei , Kinmu, Sonkei , Heiwa”
| National Anthem|
|Official Language(s)||English, Japanese, Jin Chinese, German|
(2,253 days old)
|Ruler||Kaiba von Gries|
|Nation Rank||11,178 of 7,792 (143.45%)|
|Total Area||1,130.958 miles|
|Native Resources||Gems, Lead|
|Connected Resources||aluminum, coal, Furs, gold, iron, Lead, lumber, marble, rubber, oil, wheat|
|Bonus Resources||Steel, Automobiles, Construction, microchips, radiation cleanup, Asphalt, scholars|
Basic Information Edit
- Ryuukami is a medium sized, developing, and maturing nation with citizens primarily of a Mixed ethnicity consisting of Japanese, Chinese, German, and American immigrants, who are called Ryuuhito. Because of past horrifyingly destructive wars the levels of technology are abundant. Its citizens pay extremely high taxes and in a recent poll headed by the Poll-Taker's Guild of Kotobachi, 41% of Ryuuhito want lowered taxes while 39% believe the current levels are adequate, and the other 20% do not care. Most citizens do understand that all money taken by the government is towards the betterment of the country. The citizens of Ryuukami work diligently to produce Lead and Gems as tradable resources for their nation. Contrary to belief, it is not an aggressive country, but firmly believes in attacking viciously to protect its citizens by any means sans nuclear weaponry. The military of Ryuukami has been positioned at all harbors and is arresting all drug traffickers and destroying their wares. The only recreational drug legalized within the country is marijuana (by vote) which, according to polls taken on 6/10/09, only 20% of the population uses. Ryuukami allows its citizens to openly protest their government, even if it means violence. It has an open border policy, but in order for immigrants to remain in the country they will have to become citizens first. Ryuukami believes in the freedom of speech and feels that it is every citizen's right to speak freely about their government. The government gives foreign aid when it can, but looks to take care of its own people first in this time of mass rebuilding. As the country nearly unanimously voted (94% to 5%) voted, Ryuukami will not make deals with another country that has a poor history of inhuman treatment of its citizens.
History of RyuukamiEdit
- Note: Many dates are approximate. Some developments emerged over a period of years, and precise dates for events before A.D. 600 have not been determined. Notice how long the prehistorical era was compared to other periods.
|1 Million BC -300 BC||Jomon||The early Japanese were gatherers, hunters and fishers.|
|300 BC-300||Yayoi||The intoduction of rice agriculture evokes the development of a social hierarchy and hundreds of small countries that started to unify into larger countries.|
|300-538||Kofun||300 Japan is for the first time more or less united. Large tombs (kofun) were built for the deceased leaders.|
538/552 Introduction of Buddhism.
|710-784||Nara||710 Nara becomes the first permanent capital. |
784 The capital moves to Nagaoka.
|794-1185||Heian||794 The capital moves to Heian (Kyoto). |
1016 Fujiwara Michinaga becomes regent.
1159 The Taira clan under Taira Kiyomori takes over the power after the Heiji war.
1175 The Buddhist Jodo sect (Pure land sect) is introduced.
1180-85 In the Gempei War, the Minamoto clan puts an end to Taira supremacy.
1191 The Zen sect is intoduced.
1334 Kemmu restoration: the emperor restores power over Japan.
|1573-1603||AzuchiMomoyama||1575 The Takeda clan is defeated in the battle of Nagashino. |
1582 Nobunaga is murdered and succeeded by Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
1588 Hideyoshi confiscates the weapons of farmers and religious institutions in the "Sword Hunt".
1590 Japan is reunited after the fall of Odawara (Hojo).
1592-98 Unsuccessful invasion of Korea.
1598 Death of Hideyoshi.
1600 Tokugawa Ieyasu defeats his rivals in the battle of Sekigahara.
|1603 - 1867||Edo||1603 Ieyasu is appointed shogun and establishes the Tokugawa government in Edo (Tokyo). |
1614 Ieyasu intensifies persecution of Christianity.
1615 The Toyotomi clan is destroyed after Ieyasu captures Osaka Castle.
1639 Almost complete isolation of Japan from the rest of the world.
1688-1703 Genroku era: popular culture flourishes.
1792 The Russians unsuccessfuly try to establish trade relations with Japan.
1854 Commodore Matthew Perry forces the Japanese government to open a limited number of ports for trade.
|1868-1912||Meiji||1868 Meiji restoration. |
1872 First railway line between Tokyo and Yokohama.
1889 The Meiji Constitution is promulgated.
1894-95 Sino-Japanese War.
1904-05 Russo-Japanese War.
1910 Annexion of Korea.
1912 Death of emperor Meiji.
|1912-1926||Taisho||1914-18 Japan joins allied forces in WW1. |
1923 The Great Kanto Earthquake devastates Tokyo and Yokohama.
1931 Manchurian Incident.
1952 The Allied Occupation of Japan ends.
1996 February 14, Grimms Disease discovered.
|2000-2004||Ganjin Tsunahiki||2000 August 21, Japanese monarchy discarded in favor of democratic elections.|
2000 December 12, Kotetsu Xin takes office as First Ryuuhito President.
2001 Population falls to less than 800 poeple due to drought and famine.
2001 Inhabitants of Japan spread to outer islands.
2002 First contact with outside countries since Grimms Disease outbreak.
2003 Foreign trade begins and economy booms.
2004 December 31, Kotetsu Xin dies. Liu Westhuizen elected into office.
2004 Name change for the country voted on by the population.
2004 The Ryuu, a species of flying lizard, is discovered in remains of the Kanto Province.
2004 Japan renamed Ryuukami in honor of newfound Dragons.
2004 April 8, Liu Westhuizen declares Ryuukami a Monarchy once again.
2009 May 31, Kaiba von Gries elected leader of Ryuukami.
Major Geographical Locations Edit
- Ganjin- The continent that Ryuukami lies on. Formerly known as the country of Japan.
- Guang Xun- Primarily Chinese state in the Northern Ryuukami.
- Xu Chang- Capital of Guang Xun. Known for notable generals such as Lin Shima, Gao Fangxu, Chen Li, and Lu Chengbu.
- Tetsaiga- Primarily Japanese state in Central Ryuukami.
- Mizuchi- Capital of Tetsaiga and and Ryuukami National Capital. It is the political center for politics, foreign and local.
- Gyogyoochi- Located in the Northern Tetsaiga area. The city was meant to become a center for fishing but instead became the main producer of steel and automobiles.
- Koozanchi- This city is positioned southeast of Mizuchi. It is famous for the mining of gold, iron, and gems. The National Bank of Tetsaiga is located here.
- Kotobachi- Situated northeast of Mizuchi barely outside of city limits. This is the center of information and history of Tetsaiga. Nearly 90% of all polls are made, approved, and sent out from this city.
- Seijichi- This city is a training ground for local and foreign political figures. Many of the nation's newest officials have been trained here. All laws are sent here before they are approved,
- Stabilgrau- Mainly German state in Southern Ryuukami.
- Neu Berlin- Capital of Stabilgrau. Made famous for oil drilling and production of Fine Jewelry.
- Guang Xun- Primarily Chinese state in the Northern Ryuukami.